Wilderness Lodge Whispering Canyon Copycat Cornbread Recipe
Who doesn’t love cornbread!! A classic staple to any southern dish this Whispering Canyon recipe is AMAZING!
This recipe is meant to be made in a regular 9 x 13 inch baking pan as it yields ALOT of dough.
- 1/2 pound Cornmeal
- 12 ounces Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 ounce Salt
- 1 ounce Baking Powder
- 1 pound All-Purpose Flour – This is important DO NOT USE WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR! It doesn’t taste as good.
- 1/4 cup Salad Oil – Just a fancy name for a lighter oil. I used avocado oil.
- 1 Whole Egg, beaten
- 1 Pint Milk
- Place all dry ingredients in mixing bowl and mix slowly for one minute.
- Blend milk, egg, and oil together.
- Slowly add step 2 to dry ingredients, while on slow speed. Don’t over mix, only mix to incorporate product- remove all bumps.
- Spray pan with a food release oil spray or line bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Pour batter in pan and bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until bread is firm and golden brown.
Let us know how yours turned out!